If you hate the ‘bat wings’ under your arms and want the toned look of athletes, consider undergoing brachioplasty in Costa Rica. A few incisions, some tightening and voila, you can wear sleeveless outfits without worrying about jiggling arms! The low cost of brachioplasty in Costa Rica is encouraging people to plan medical trips to the country.
According to a 2011 Plastic Surgery Statistics Report by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, there were almost 15,000 brachioplasties performed in the United States in 2011. With people increasingly seeking quick means to a sleek silhouette, there has been a continuing uptick in cosmetic surgery procedures such as tummy tucks, facelifts, and liposuction in Costa Rica.
What is Brachioplasty?
- Brachioplasty is a surgical procedure used to improve the shape and contour of the arms. Also called an arm lift, brachioplasty removes fat and excess skin hanging from the upper arm to give it a shapely look.
- The surgeon makes incisions under the inner arm area, from the elbow to the armpit. Then the excess skin and fat that is hanging loose is removed. In some cases, liposuction might be advisable.
- Done on an outpatient basis, the procedure can take between two and four hours. The initial recovery from surgery takes approximately 10 to 14 days, with complete recovery within four to six weeks.
If you envy the toned lines of American First Lady Michelle Obama’s arms, head for and arm tuck in Costa Rica and get the contours that will generate similar admiration!
Advantages of Brachioplasty in Costa Rica
This Central American country is emerging as a leading medical tourism destination. Additionally, dental tourism in Costa Rica too is increasing by leaps and bounds. Some of the reasons for the country’s popularity are as follows:
- The low cost of living, labor and medical services allow for exceedingly low costs for surgical procedures such as arm lifts in Costa Rica. Brachioplasty price in Costa Rica is about 40 percent of the prices charged in the U.S. or Canada.
- Your arm lift (brachioplasty) in Costa Rica is likely to be performed in a modern, well-equipped hospital. Many of the leading private hospitals in Costa Rica are Joint Commission International (JCI)-accredited and ISO-certified.
- Most of the surgeons who perform plastic surgery procedures such as arm lift and buttock fat injections in Costa Rica are members of prestigious organizations such as the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the Latin American Federation of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (FILACP), and the Costa Rican Plastic Surgery Association. So your upper arm lift in Costa Rica is likely to be performed by a well-trained plastic surgeon.
- You will have minimal waiting time for your procedure. With multiple hospitals and surgeons scheduling your minimal incision brachioplasty in Costa Rica, your surgery will be done in a breeze.
- Most of the leading plastic surgeons in Costa Rica are conversant in English. So whether you want to learn more about brachyplasty in Costa Rica or calm your nerves, you will be able to talk to your surgeon without any trouble.
- Costa Rica has a breathtakingly beautiful natural landscape. You can explore the unique treasures of this country as you travel during your stay for an arm reduction in Costa Rica.
Traveling Around During Brachioplasty Costa Rica Trip
According to The Council for International Promotion of Costa Rica Medicine (PROMED), nearly 25,000 tourists went to Costa Rica in 2008 for affordable medical care. As the numbers continue to increase, it is important for travelers who are opting to get procedures done in Costa Rica to get informed!
- Before scheduling any surgical procedure such as a mini arm lift in Costa Rica, make sure you understand all the terms and conditions of your surgical package. Get everything in writing and do not hesitate to ask questions.
- Entry into Costa Rica requires that your passport be valid for at least three months.
- While American and Canadian citizens are allowed to enter the country without a visa if they are visiting for less than 90 days, citizens of other countries will need permits. Ask for information at the nearest Costa Rican Consulate that serves your location.
- If you are heading to avail an arm tuck in Costa Rica, you can either fly into Aeropuerto Internacional Juan Santamaría, nearest to San José or the Daniel Oduber Quiros International Airport in Liberia, depending on your destination.
- You are likely to be stress-free if you were to leave your valuables at home!
Tourist Attractions of Costa Rica
If you are in Costa Rica for brachioplasty, you might want to gently explore some of its natural treasures. From dense cloud forests and soaring volcanoes, glittering waterfalls and pristine beaches, get ready to be awed by nature’s creations that make Costa Rica an incomparable destination.
Some of the popular sightseeing spots are:
- Majestic dormant volcanoes like the Arenal Volcano, Northern Lowlands and the Rincon de la Vieja, Guanacaste are popular draws that are visually breathtaking and have facilities for sports like waterfall rappelling.
- The dense rainforests of Drake Bay, South Pacific and Manuel Antonio, Central Pacific are the most bio-diverse environments in the world.
- For a unique ecotourism experience, visit the misty cloud forests of Monteverde and the La Paz Waterfall gardens.
- Besides its pristine beaches, Costa Rica is marked by charming cities such as San Jose and Liberia.
Along with the unique diversity of its varied landscape, Costa Rica provides modern hospitals, well-trained surgeons and affordable surgical procedures. So head to avail brachioplasty in Costa Rica and return home with toned arms that no longer bow to gravity!
Submit the free quote request form on the right for more information on Brachioplasty in Costa Rica.