Cataracts can be troubling, especially for those who are on tight budgets. A medical trip to Turkey could be beneficial for those seeking to escape the high medical costs of the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, and other North American and European countries.Cataract surgery with multifocal lens implants in Turkey can be obtained at a fraction of the price one would pay in some Western countries.
According to the article “Turkey: Medical Tourism Booming, Offering ‘Sun and Surgery’,” written by Justin Vela and published on Eurasianet.org on September 9th, 2011, Turkey’s Ministry of Health stated that in 2010, around 500,000 foreign patients received treatment at Turkish hospitals. Given the quality medical care and affordable medical prices, it is not difficult to see why medical tourists are opting to undergo cataract treatment or corneal transplantation in Turkey.
About Cataract Treatment with Multifocal Lens Implants
- There are three main types of cataract surgery: phacoemulsification, extracapsular cataract extraction, and intracapsular cataract extraction. Phacoemulsification is the most common type of cataract surgery.
- During phacoemulsification, an ultrasonic instrument vibrates the lens material, emulsifying it. The hard central lens nucleus and softer outer lens cortex are removed.
- The multifocal lens is then inserted to replace the original lens.
- The procedure typically takes 15 to 45 minutes.
- The patient’s vision improves significantly over the weeks following the surgery.
Cost of Cataract Surgery in Turkey
- The cost of lens for cataract correction in Turkey can be 30-50% less than what one would pay for a similar surgery in some Western countries.
- Even after taking into consideration the cost of travel and lodging, cataract treatment, LASIK for vision improvement, or glaucoma surgery in Turkey are all quite affordable.
- When you get cataract surgery in Istanbul, Turkey, you also benefit from the low price of prescription medications in the country.
- The lower price should not be equated with lower quality as it is only due to the lower cost of living in Turkey.
Why go to Turkey for Cataract Surgery?
- Experienced, compassionate doctors. Cataract eye surgery is performed by experienced, board-certified doctors. Turkish doctors undergo rigorous medical training, and some of them have even studied abroad in the United Kingdom. Many of these surgeons regularly attend surgical lectures and conventions to stay up-to-the-minute on the latest surgical techniques.
- Advanced medical technology. When it comes to multifocal lens implant for cataract correction, you can rely on Turkish hospitals to provide you the latest of available treatments. Your doctor will help determine whether you are a good candidate for phacoemulsification or if you will need a more conventional cataract surgical method.
- Minimal (if any) waiting times. Intraocular lens for cataract correction in Istanbul will not require you to wait too long, unlike in the West.
- Leading hospitals. There are many well-equipped hospitals from which to choose for your pseudophakic IOLs for cataract correction in Istanbul.
- Relaxing holiday getaway. Cataract treatment or LASIK surgery in Turkey gives patients the opportunity to travel to an exciting destination. Whether you want to relax near the Mediterranean Sea or take an architectural tour of the Aspendos Theatre, there are a variety of activities to indulge in. But you must seek your doctor’s approval first.
- Cost-effective treatment. As previously mentioned, treatment for cataract in Turkey is an easy-on-the-pocket solution.
In 2010, 49.9 million of Americans did not have health insurance, according to a CNN report titled “By the numbers: Health insurance,” written by Emily Smith and Caitlin Stark, published on June 28th, 2012. Americans, Europeans, and others, who want to get rid of the cataracts in their eyes, may consider traveling to Turkey if treatments in their own countries are not feasible, due to financial constraints or any other reason.
Cataract surgery with multifocal lens implants in Turkey allows patients to get the high quality treatment they need without having to break the bank.
Submit the free quote request form on the right for more information on Cataract Surgery with Multifocal Lens Implants in Turkey.