Chemotherapy in Tijuana, Mexico is one of the affordable options available for cancer patients willing to make a medical trip abroad. Cancer is one of the most devastating and treacherous diseases on earth. It can be detected at a stage too late for therapy to have any effect. But if the cancer is detected early, then you have a chance to beat it with sheer will and determination and a little help from science. From affordable image guided radiation therapy (IGRT) to low cost non Hodgkin’s Lymphoma Chemotherapy (CHOP), Mexico offers several oncology treatment options.
Getting Chemotherapy in Tijuana, Mexico
- According to the U.S. National Cancer Institute, cancer rates are declining recently. But that doesn’t make it any less real for those who get affected by the disease.
- For example, the National Cancer Institute says more than 230,000 cases of breast cancer have been listed since the beginning of 2011, with deaths reaching up to 40,000 in number.
- Chemotherapy treatments in Mexico are available for several types of cancer. Inquire and research to know if Mexico is the right place for you.
- Tijuana has a burgeoning medical tourism industry. Besides chemotherapy, there are a number of other treatments offered in this Mexican border town. One of the options is lap band surgery in Tijuana, Mexico among others.
Advantages of Getting Chemotherapy in Tijuana, Mexico
- Tijuana is a global city, which means it has some of the best facilities to offer.
- Tijuana, Mexico has top-notch hospitals and doctors who’ve had training in developed countries. If you know where to go, you’ll be well taken care of.
- The price of chemotherapy treatment in Mexico is more affordable than the price of chemotherapy in first-world nations.
- Depending on where you’re from, you can save a lot from getting chemotherapy treatments in Tijuana, Mexico, especially if you find out that your insurance doesn’t cover the costs of your treatments and medicine, or if you’re only partially covered, and can’t afford what you do have to pay.
- If you’re from the United States, Mexico is the nearest country you can go to with cheaper treatment options available. No need to seat through days of air travel to get there.
Disadvantages of Chemotherapy in Tijuana, Mexico
- Even if Mexico is the nearest country to the United States, you still have to travel. It might be difficult especially if you’re in pain. Consult your doctor about the feasibility of seeking cancer chemo treatment in Mexico.
- It’s hard going through therapy alone, so you might have to bring someone with you. That will add to the costs you have to pay, so tally your expenses accordingly.
- If ever you suffer from relapses after getting cancer treatment in Mexico, you can’t easily go back to your hospital and doctor who treated you. Find a doctor back home that you know you can go to in times of need.
- There’s always concern for safety when you’re going to another country. Make sure you get all the numbers you need (including your country’s embassy in Mexico) before you go there!
Before and After Getting Chemotherapy in Tijuana, Mexico
- Ask the Mexican embassy in your country what documents you need for your trip.
- Plan your departure accordingly to be sure your body can handle it.
- Getting chemo treatments will affect the overall state of your health, and you will be in a weakened state afterward. But if ever you decide you want to look around Tijuana, you might be able to afford what it takes to have a bit of fun you deserve as the cost of chemotherapy in Mexico is more affordable than in the developed nations.
If you’re ailing from cancer, and decide you want to do your best to fight the disease, getting chemotherapy in Tijuana, Mexico could be one of your better options. It’s affordable, and might even be near where you live.
Submit the free request quote form on the right for more information on Chemotherapy in Tijuana, Mexico.