If you are embarrassed by missing, decaying or stained teeth, or are tired of wobbly dentures, getting dental implants in India might be a viable solution. If you are ready for a mouth makeover, it might be the right time to plan a medical trip to India.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports that approximately 45 million Americans do not have dental insurance. Also, the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons found that by the age of 74, more than a quarter of American adults have lost all their permanent teeth. Given these alarming statistics, an increasing number of dental patients are seeking healthcare in India.
What Are Dental Implants?
According to WebMD, dental implants are used to replace missing or damaged tooth roots. Technically, dental implants are long-term replacement for damaged tooth roots and are secured directly into the jaw bone. They act as foundations for dental crowns, popularly known as caps.
Molded to act like teeth roots, implants are used for aesthetic and functional purposes. They help improve the appearance of your mouth and teeth, clarify speech, increase the ease of chewing, and raise oral health.
WebMD reports a 98% satisfaction rate with the procedure of getting dental implants. When you get implants for teeth in India, you are likely to raise your smile value without spending a wallet-shattering amount of money!
How Much Are Teeth Implants in India?
In most cases, patients are likely to pay a much lower dental implant price in India as compared to in the U.S., Canada, Australia and the UK. Indeed, savings of 40 to 70 percent are likely depending on the amount of work you need.
But the low prices do not reflect low quality dental care. An affordable medical system, low levels of medical malpractice litigation and cheap labor make for cheap teeth implants in India. So if your question is “how much are dental implants in India?” be ready to be pleasantly surprised because you are going to get good value for your money.
Other Advantages of Getting Dental Implants in India
We have already mentioned that the cost of dental implants in India is phenomenally lower than the prices charged in the West. While low costs are the main reason for the increasing popularity of dental tourism in India, there are multiple other advantages of getting dental implant procedures in India.
- You can choose to get your teeth implant in India in one of many modern dental clinics that are run along the same lines as globally recognized institutions.
- India is a huge country with multiple dental destinations. Whether you want to explore the country’s political capital of Delhi, financial capital of Mumbai or the IT hub of Bangalore, you are likely to find some of India’s top hospitals in these cities.
- The low price of dental implants in India does not preclude access to top dental professionals. Much like top Indian surgeons, your dentist is likely to be widely experienced and fully certified. From simple dental procedures to specialized knowledge on prosthetics such as Straumann teeth implants – India has provisions for all demands.
- With an array of dentists and dental clinics, waiting periods for oral treatments are close to non-existent. Even complicated procedures such as eye surgery in India can easily be arranged without conflict.
- Since most dental professionals are fluent in English, you are unlikely to meet any linguistic barriers.
Travel Tips for Those Getting Tooth Implants in India
- Before opting for teeth implants in India, make sure you understand all the terms and conditions of your contract. Medical malpractice laws in India are not stringently applied and you might not have many legal avenues in case of conflict.
- India is a diverse country. So whether you are in a North Indian city such as Chandigarh or a South Indian city such as Chennai, make sure you follow the local norms.
- Use common sense while in India for dental implants. Stay in safe neighborhoods, avoid traveling alone, dress conservatively, and stay away from unsolicited services.
- Most Indian businesses accept cash only so keep Indian currency (rupees) with you at all times.
- Abstain from consuming tap water and street food.
- India’s national language is Hindi. Some common Hindi phrases/words are: namaste (Hello), aap kaisay hai? (How are you?), may theek hu (I’m fine), dhanyavaad (thank you), may kho gayi (feminine)/gaya (masculine) hu (I’m lost), ye kitne ka hai? (how much does this cost?), maaf karna (excuse me), paani (water), bhojan (food).
Getting dental implants in India is a viable and cost-saving option. So head to this diverse country and you will return home with a chock-full of wonderful travel memories and a mouthful of beautiful teeth!
Submit the free quote request form on the right for more information on Dental Implants in India.