Obesity is not just a problem of being big and not fitting into the clothes one wants. When ignored and allowed to go on, it can lead to many complications, many of which can be life threatening. The reality is that obesity is on the rise in many parts of the world, including the United States. It may be helpful for the obese to know that a potential solution to their weight problem is undergoing gastric banding in India.
For patients who are looking for different and potentially more affordable solutions, a medical trip to India may just be in order. Find out more about the procedure by reading this post.
Gastric Banding Explained
- If supervised diets, behavior modification and exercise do not seem to help in weight loss, then the next viable option is gastric banding.
- Gastric banding surgery, alternatively known as lap-band surgery, laparoscopic adjustable gastric band surgery or an A band, is a bariatric procedure that plants a silicone device on the top part of the stomach in order to treat obesity.
- This procedure helps with weight loss by limiting the amount that one can eat. Because of the band placed around the stomach, one feels fuller after eating fewer amounts of food.
- Gastric banding is considered the least invasive weight loss surgical procedure. The whole procedure can be reversed, if needed, and eventually, the stomach is able to return to its regular size.
- The US FDA adds that this surgical procedure is a valid weight loss option for those who have not been successful with non-surgical methods to lose weight.
Why Get Lap Band in India?
We offer lap band across our network hospitals in the country for prices beginning from $7,100. Lap band prices in the United States hover between $14,000 and $25,000. Some simple math and you can see savings to the tune of 50% to 70%. Besides low prices there are a number of benefits as well –
- You get good quality care. Lower rates are not because of lower skill-levels or quality, but because of the lower cost of living in the country, which drives medical procedure prices down. So getting gastric band surgery in India means getting the same quality for less.
- The low cost of lap band surgery here allows medical tourists to explore other complimentary surgeries that they may also want to get. Plastic surgery after weight loss is very much possible here, and is also priced very affordably.
- The country’s history of British colonization, has allowed many Indians to speak and understand English. Hospitals are also staffed with English speaking personnel, so language problems should be very minimal for overseas patients.
- Because of a very competitive education system, the country is home to many talented doctors and surgeons who have undergone years of training. Getting weight loss bariatric surgery in India would mean being under the capable hands of these physicians.
- Those who are concerned about the standards of the medical facilities can opt to go to a modern, well-equipped hospital, as there are many in the country. We, at Medical-Trip, have a number of JCI accredited hospitals in the country which have state-of-the-art facilities for lap band surgery.
Safety Tips for Medical Tourists
Patients who want to go to India for medical reasons may have some concerns on safety. The truth is, keeping safe here is relatively simple, especially if you follow these practical tips:
- Don’t trust individuals who suddenly approach you and start acting overly friendly. Keep your distance.
- It is best to refrain from accepting food and drinks from people you don’t know.
- You want to make sure that your food is clean and will not cause you digestive problems or food poisoning.
- It is never a good idea to show too much cash or wear too much jewelry in crowded places. Also make sure you have a secure bag with proper closure.
- When going anywhere, have the hotel call you a cab and take note of the cab’s plate number. It proves to be safer this way.
- It is not advisable to entertain beggars.
Gastric banding surgery in India can be a great money saver. Additionally one can look forward to excellent quality patient care at the hands of well-experienced and competent lap band surgeons.
Submit the free quote request form for more information.