If left untreated, glaucoma can cause blindness. Don’t let financial issues stop you from saving your eyesight right away. With affordable glaucoma surgery in Frankfurt – Germany, you won’t have to waste your precious time raising a huge sum of money just to get relief from this life-changing disease.
Germany has grown to become a popular medical tourism destination for patients looking for advanced treatments without emptying their coffers. Every year, Germany attracts thousands of patients from other European countries, such as the UK, Bulgaria, the Netherlands, Belgium, Romania and Azerbaijan, and even those from the Middle East and Africa. In addition to glaucoma eye surgery in Frankfurt, these medical tourists seek all sorts of treatments – ranging from hip resurfacing surgery to bone marrow transplantation.
Glaucoma – A Pandemic
- Just how serious is this problem? An estimated 2.3 million Americans aged 40 and above suffer from glaucoma, according to the report “Vision Problems in the US: Prevalence of Adult Vision Impairment and Age-Related Eye Disease in America”, released by Prevent Blindness America and the National Eye Institute in 2008. Many Americans have been making their way to Europe to take advantage of low glaucoma surgery cost in – Germany, or to get equally safe and affordable corneal transplantation in Turkey.
- If you are considering glaucoma treatment in Germany, you must know and accept the fact that this procedure will not regain your lost vision. It will help preserve what vision you have left. Whether you undergo a conventional surgery or a laser treatment for glaucoma in Frankfurt, your treatment will depend on the type and severity of the disease and your eye’s general health.
- Glaucoma laser surgery here is still not as expensive as any laser eye treatment performed in the United States, the United Kingdom, Belgium, the Netherlands and other First World countries. The advantage of laser surgery is that the patient can resume normal activities soon after the surgery.
- Some doctors also recommend trabeculectomy, which entails creation of an opening in the drainage system of the eye to allow fluid to drain out of the eye, thus reducing intraocular pressure.
Advantages of Glaucoma Surgery in Frankfurt
- The cost of glaucoma surgery in Frankfurt, Germany is about half of the prices charged for the procedure in the United States. Glaucoma surgery in Turkey is also popular with medical tourists for the same reasons – quality and affordability.
- Germany abounds in world-class hospitals that have state-of-the-art facilities and advanced medical technology. As a result of the high hospital density in Germany, the waiting period is shorter.
- There are many doctors and surgeons performing glaucoma surgery in Frankfurt who have earned their degrees at world-class institutions not only in Germany but in other European countries as well. A lot of renowned surgeons even had their training in the US and are members of both European and American medical associations. These doctors are always up-to-date with both European and American health standards.
- In addition, most German doctors are used to assisting foreign patients and can communicate in English well.
Tips for Traveling for Surgery to Frankfurt
- EU nationals do not require a visa to enter Germany. US nationals do not need a visa for a stay of less than 90 days in Germany.
- Though many locals can speak English, learning some useful German phrases may come in handy. Examples are:
- Yes = Ja (yah)
- No = Nein (nine)
- Thank you = Danke (DAHN-kuh)
- Hello/Good day = Guten Tag (GOOT-en-tahk)
- My name is = Mein Name ist… (Mine NAH-muh ist…)
- Beggars in Frankfurt can be quite a nuisance. One way to ward them off during your stay for glaucoma treatment in Frankfurt is to tell them that you can’t speak German.
- If a situation warrants, dial 110 for police assistance.
- Eating in restaurants is relatively safe as the local government makes sure they follow strict hygiene standards.
- Tourists should stay away from certain places after dark, particularly the Frankfurt Hauptbahnhof (main station) to avoid muggings. Also stay away from the red light area which is often thronged by drug junkies.
- Of course, during your stay for glaucoma eye surgery in Frankfurt you can visit some of the best tourist attractions of the financial capital of Germany:
- The Main Tower
- The Goethe House
- Paulskirche (St. Pauls Church)
- Museumsufer (Museum Embankment)
- Palmengarten (The Botanical Gardens)
We can only appreciate the beauty of all these breathtaking sites if we can see them. Losing one’s vision can be very tragic and sad. But it can be helped without making one empty one’s coffers by opting for affordable glaucoma surgery in Frankfurt – Germany.
Submit the free quote request form on the right for more information on Glaucoma Surgery in Frankfurt, Germany.