Looking for an experienced lap band surgeon in Mexico? Then allow this post to enlighten you on how to go about finding a renowned surgeon for getting a lap band in Mexico. Many people from the United States choose to have weight loss surgery in Mexico. Their primary motivation is the lower costs for the surgery in Mexico. Lap band surgery costs around $4,000 in Mexico whereas it can cost anywhere from $10,000 to $14,000 in the USA.
Selecting a Gastric Band Surgeon in Mexico – Factors to Consider
- The surgeon should have qualified in the field of bariatric surgery from an accredited medical school. Verify that your surgeon is certified by a medical board. If possible, go for an INAMED certified surgeon. INAMED (now Allergan) is a global leader in manufacturing obesity intervention products. Its bands are the only FDA approved lap bands.
- The best lap band surgeons in Mexico are the ones who have performed more than 500 surgeries. The more experienced a surgeon, the less are the chances of any complications occurring during or after the surgery. When verifying the experience of a lap band surgeon in Mexico, see if you can get testimonials of current patients who have undergone weight loss surgery in Tijuana, Cancun and other parts of Mexico.
- While comparing leading gastric band surgeons in Mexico, you should prefer surgeons who are experienced lap band proctors. A lap band proctor is qualified to teach other surgeons about performing the lap band procedure. Obviously, it is better to be treated by the instructor rather than by the student.
- You should look for a bariatric surgeon who knows English. Although this might sound like a weird requirement for a surgeon, it is really quite important. You want to be sure that you understand everything the surgeon tells you about postoperative care and diet. The surgeon should also be able to understand and allay any concerns you raise about the surgery. So, unless you are proficient in Spanish, it is important that your surgeon has a working knowledge of English.
- The hospital or medical facility that the surgeon performs the procedure at also tells a lot about him. A surgeon practicing in a quality hospital will usually be a better choice. Good hospitals have an added quality requirement of their own for who can practice at their facility.
Popular Bariatric Surgeons in Mexico
Some of the popular bariatric surgeons in Mexico are: Dr. Alberto Aceves, Dr. Alejandro Aguirre, Dr. Guillermo Alvarez, Dr. Javier De La Garza, Dr. Armando Joya, Dr. Pedro Kuri, Dr. Roberto A. Rumbaut, Dr. Gilberto Ungson, Dr. Sergio Verboonen, Dr. Miguel Angel Rojas, Dr. Miguel Zapata, Dr. Ariel Ortiz Lagardere, Dr. Jaime Ricardo Ramos-Kelly, Dr. Jose Rodriguez, Dr. Felipe J Cantu, Dr. Andres Betancourt, Dr. Francisco Contreras, Dr. Mariano Covarrubias, Dr. Jorge Cueto, Dr. Sergio De Leon, Dr. Martin Lopez Dominguez, Dr. Miguel Herrera, Dr. Jose Ibarrola, Dr. Buenaventura Leal, Dr. Narcizo Leon, Dr. Eduardo Lozano Gonzalez, Dr. Sergio Mascareno, Dr. Nelson Rodríguez, Dr. Rodolfo Sanchez, Dr. Fernando Serrano Berry, Dr. Salvador Valencia, Dr. Alejandro Weber, Dr. Sergio Verboonen, Dr. Roberto Rimbaut, Dr. Aniceto Baltasar, Dr. Olga Gomez, Dr. Juan Antonio Lopez Corvala. Many of them are INAMED certified surgeons.
Some of the different cities across Mexico that these bariatric surgeons practice are: Mexicali, Ensenada, Piedras Negras, Puerto Vallarta, Monterrey,Tijuana, Hermosillo, Ciudad Juarez, Acuna, Reynosa, Guadalajara, Zona Rio,Huixquilucan, Canun, Garza Garcia, and Hato Rey
If you are planning to visit Mexico for lap band surgery, make sure that you take the above factors into account. One of the best lab band surgeons in Mexico who scores high on all of the above factors is Dr. Juan Antonio Lopez Corvala. Dr. Corvala has performed more than 5,000 lap band surgeries.
Medical-Trip facilitates low-cost lap band surgery in Mexico. For more information, fill the estimate-request form on the right.