In the case of female reproductive disorders, a hysterectomy or surgical removal of uterus may be medically necessary. Getting a hysterectomy in Mexico allows patients to avoid the high costs that they would have to face through obtaining surgery in the United States or Canada.
One can obtain 30-50 per cent savings on a traditional or state-of-the-art robotic hysterectomy in Mexico. Whereas healthcare costs in the United States are on the rise, Americans can obtain the same quality of care in Mexico for a lower price. Besides the beneficial pricing and high quality healthcare, American medical tourists are attracted by the tropical weather and the comfortable patient accommodations for hysterectomy surgery in Mexico.
Hysterectomy – An Overview
- During hysterectomy surgery, the surgeon makes an incision in the abdomen and removes the uterus. The uterus may be partially or totally removed, depending on the medical needs of the patient.
- A hysterectomy may be used to treat endometriosis or uterine fibroids. Hysterectomies are typically considered last resort surgeries and should be thoroughly discussed with a doctor.
- After the surgery, the patient is typically hospitalized for one to two days.
- According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, approximately 20 million American women have undergone hysterectomies.
Cost of Hysterectomy in Mexico
- One can obtain low cost hysterectomy surgery in Mexico. The low cost of surgery does not mean the medical standards are lower, however—Mexico’s medical standards are on par with those of the United States. The price for a hysterectomy procedure in Mexico is low because of the lower cost of living in Mexico.
- Patients who live near the Mexican border can drive to Mexico, saving on travel costs. There are currently over 40 border crossing points for United States citizens to drive into Mexico.
- The cost of food, transportation, and lodging in Mexico is very low.
Laparoscopic Hysterectomy Surgery in Mexico – Points to Consider
- Whereas many patients face long waiting times in the United States or Canada, there is virtually no waiting time for abdominal or vaginal hysterectomy surgery in Mexico.
- For United States or Canadian citizens, Mexico is just a short plane ride away. One of the reasons for the uptick in medical tourism in Mexico is the Latin American country’s geographical proximity to the US and Canada.
- If you are located in the Middle East or Europe, you can also obtain gynecological surgery in India. There are plenty of well-experienced hysterectomy surgeons in India.
- Some patients may face homesickness, especially if they are traveling from farther destinations. However, the good hospitals in Mexico possess modern, beautiful interiors to make your stay as comfortable and pleasant as possible.
- When traveling for surgery for uterus removal in Mexico, make sure you carry all the necessary documents, such as a valid passport.
- Any queries and concerns about recovery period and pregnancy after partial hysterectomy in Mexico will be addressed with ease, as surgeons in the leading hospitals in Mexico speak fluent English.
- You may want to bring a friend or family member along for your hysterectomy in Mexico, as it will take you some time to recover. However, if you plan to do so, do not forget to factor in their food and travel expenses.
Preparing for Your Trip to Avail Uterus Removal Surgery in Mexico
- You should conduct thorough research on the potential surgeons you would like to perform your surgery to ensure you get the desired results. It is important that you do not sacrifice quality for quantity—while saving money is an important consideration, your ultimate goal should be to undergo high quality surgery.
- Border crossing wait times can take anywhere from fifteen minutes to one hour depending on the location and time of day. Some of the most popular border crossing points are San Ysidro (California to Baja California), San Luis (Arizona to Sonora), and El Paso-PDN (Texas to Chihuahua).
- You need a photo I.D., a tourist card, and a valid proof of citizenship (such as a passport) to enter Mexico from the United States.
If you are suffering from female reproductive complications but have limited funds, a hysterectomy in Mexico could be a viable option. With the world-class doctors and facilities available in Mexico, it is no wonder that so many medical tourists are flocking south of the border.
Medical-Trip facilitates low-cost Hysterectomy in Mexico. For more information, submit the estimate-request form on the right.