In these trying economic times, many people desirous of going under the surgeon’s scalpel for enhancing their looks would rather skip plastic surgeries. However, undergoing plastic surgery in Mexicali, Mexico can help patients save a lot of money. Mexicali has ensconced itself as one of the leading medical tourism centers of Mexico. Americans can particularly benefit by opting for cosmetic surgery in Mexicali as it borders with Calexico in California.
Medical Tourism in Mexico – A Rising Phenomenon
There has been a spurt in medical tourism in Mexico primarily because the medical facilities in this country offer medical care at costs much lower than the cost of comparable care in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom. As per the 2009 Deloitte report titled Medical tourism: Update and implications, the number of outbound medical tourists from the US could reach the 1.6 million mark by 2012. Quite a few of them would be and are making a beeline for Mexico due to proximity.
Mexico ranks as the fifth country in the world in terms of the number of plastic surgeries performed as underscored by statistics compiled from the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery’s 2009 Biennial Global Survey. Offshore patients are also opting for easy on the pocket plastic surgeries after weight loss surgeries. Besides plastic surgeries, an increasing number of people are also thronging Mexico for weight loss surgeries and orthopedic procedures.
Cost of Plastic Surgery in Mexicali, Mexico
- One can undergo cheap plastic surgery in Mexicali, Mexico. The price of the surgery in Mexicali, Mexico is only a fraction of what one will have to shell out for a like-procedure in the States.
- The cost of plastic surgeries in Mexicali is low primarily because of the low cost of living and a booming and a fiercely competitive medical tourism industry.
- Further, because of geographical propinquity, Americans can cut down their travel costs.
Why Opt for Plastic Surgery in Mexicali, Mexico?
- The surgeons engaged at the reputable clinics and hospitals of Mexicali do not take the word “cheap” literally. The quality of plastic surgery is not compromised in the name of low cost.
- Mexicali is home to quite a few state-of-the-art hospitals and clinics which engage the latest technology.
- The good hospitals of Mexicali are very punctilious about the observance of globally-accepted standards of hygiene and quality.
- One can find board-certified plastic surgeons in Mexicali.
- Many of them have international experience to boast of and have undergone internships in the States.
- Most of the reputable hospitals have bilingual staff, thereby minimizing language barriers.
Things to do in Mexicali, Mexico
There are many things to do before and after your plastic surgery in Mexicali, Mexico, if your surgeon permits. Here are just a few of the places which you can see during your visit:
- Bosque y Zoologico de la Ciudad, Mexicali’s largest park.
- Salon de la Fama, which is Mexicali’s very own Hall of Fame where you can get a feel of the history of the city.
- Morelos Dam, which is situated outside the town and gives you a wonderful view of the whole of Mexicali.
- Hardy River, which is a fisher’s delight. There are many fishing shops in the area; so, don’t worry about not bringing your fishing gear!
Extra Tips for Medical Tourists in Mexicali
There are some precautions to take when on a medical vacation to Mexico , some of which are as follows:
- Avoid withdrawing money from ATMs which are in a public place as these are an easy target for thieves; use the ATMs which are in hospital lobbies instead.
- If possible you should not drive in Mexico as the rules of the road are not as stringent as they are in countries such as the United States. Besides, the road signs are in Spanish.
- Never purchase food or drink from street vendors as hygiene standards are not strictly enforced in Mexico.
- Talk to a plastic surgery office in Mexicali before booking your surgery. Hunt for patient testimonials and recommendations.
- Spanish is the main language of the country; so, if you can learn a few words of the language before arriving, it would serve you well.
Plastic surgery in Mexicali, Mexico is a fantastic option if you are looking for the same quality of care that you would find in the United States but for a much lower price. While law and order statistics are not as good as in the United States all you have to do is use your common sense and you will be perfectly safe.
Submit the free request quote form on the right for more information on Plastic Surgery in Mexicali, Mexico.