There are currently over 15,000 people on the United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS) liver transplant list. For patients who need livers, this massive waiting list becomes just another obstacle on top of the outrageous costs for the procedure. Luckily, getting a liver transplant in India can solve both of those problems.
Anyone who has unfortunately had to deal with getting a liver transplant will tell you that discovering the procedure’s price tag is devastating. According to UNOS, the average liver transplant in the United States costs $577,100. If the astronomical bill is causing you to doubt whether or not you or a loved one will be able to get a donor organ, it might be time to look into having liver transplant surgery in India.
How Much Does a Liver Transplant in India Cost?
If you were shocked by the price of the procedure at home, you will probably be taken aback again when you see how much you can save in India. For a number of reasons, the cost of a liver transplant in India is generally around $40,000 to $60,000, not even in the staggering hundreds of thousands like in those hospitals in the West.
- India’s cost of living is much lower than that in the U.S., so goods and services – even surgery in India – are considerably cheaper.
- India’s healthcare system is much more affordable than in other countries. Patients aren’t unnecessarily overcharged for equipment and medical services.
- Medical Trip and many hospitals that do organ transplants in India work together to bring you package deals that include all the basics of your trip, including airfare, hotel, hospital fees and more.
Is Getting a Liver Transplant in India Safe?
When you come to India for organ transplants and other complex procedures, you can rest assured that you will be receiving medical care that is on par with that in developed nations.
- India boasts 21 JCI accredited hospitals that follow strict regulations in order to maintain that status.
- Indian law regarding transplants is very strict. Before being cleared for the procedure, donors and patients have to meet a number of prerequisites for liver transplant in India.
- Surgeons in India are world class medical professionals, and many of our network doctors have even worked in Western countries.
- The majority of our network surgeons speak English with ease. They will be able to comfortably converse with you.
- Getting a liver transplant in India is just as safe as it is in the U.S. and other Western countries.
India is one of the top medical tourism destinations in the world and liver transplant, being expensive and unaffordable in the West, has many patients looking towards India.
If you too are considering going to India for a liver transplant surgery, fill-out the estimate-request form on the right to know the latest prices.