There is a solution to improve gradually weakening eyesight in people over 40 years of age in the form of an eye treatment called PresbyLASIK. However, this treatment for getting rid of bifocal and multifocal glasses and contact lens to improve visual acuity can cost a fortune in the US. Nonetheless, PresbyLASIK in Mexico is not only low-cost but also high-quality.
Though Americans and Canadians have the option of undergoing affordable eye surgery in India, geographical nearness of Mexico to the States and Canada would tantamount to reduced travel time and cost. Lasik surgery in Mexico is in high demand, primarily because of the sky-rocketing prices of vision care and optical surgery in the US and Canada.
PresbyLASIK – An Overview
- PresbyLASIK is a special laser technique for presbyopic visual correction.
- Presbypopia comes from the Greek word presbys which means “old man” and is appended with the suffix -opia which means “sightedness”.
- The condition normally occurs in people belonging to the age group of 40 to 50 years and intensifies when one crosses 65 years of age.
- Presbypopia affected natural eye lens become less flexible with age, thereby diminishing their ability to focus on nearby objects.
- Also called Multifocal LASIK, PresbyLASIK is an advanced type of laser vision correction that changes the shape of the cornea to correct vision at near, intermediate, and far ranges.
- The PresbyLASIK procedure is not yet FDA-approved in the US. However, the Multifocal PresbyLASIK has been approved in Mexico and Europe and is currently undergoing US clinical trials.
- The main advantages of PresbyLASIK are short hospital stay and quick recovery.
Eye Surgery Cost in Mexico
- The cost of Lasik in Mexico can be significantly lower than that in the developed countries of the world.
- Low living costs and intense competition between medical facilities for adding to their international clientele are the twin factors that have resulted in low Lasik prices in Mexico.
- Besides easy on the pocket eye surgeries, one can even find low cost cosmetic and bariatric surgeries in Mexico.
- Cost of Lasik in Cancun, Tijuana, and other major cities of Mexico is so low that even after adding in transportation and accommodation expenses, one will still be a paying a fraction of the cost of the procedure alone in the US or Canada.
- Californians can further cut down their costs by opting for PrebyLASIK in Tijuana. Tijuana is merely 17 miles from San Diego.
Why Undergo LASIK Surgery in Mexico?
There are many compelling reasons to undergo eye Lasik in Tijuana, Cancun, and other Mexican cities, some of which are as follows:
- As mentioned earlier, cost of eye Lasik surgery in Mexico is cheaper than that in the developed countries of North America and Europe.
- There are numerous well equipped Lasik eye centers in Mexico that offer world class treatments.
- Though you might have to wade through a long waiting time before you undergo treatment in the States or Canada, you will get prompt medical attention at hospitals in Mexico.
- There are a number of qualified Lasik eye doctors in Mexico, with quite a few of them having experience of working in the US.
- Many of the renowned doctors of Mexico have earned their degrees in the prestigious medical schools of North America and Europe.
- Good hospitals in Mexico have bilingual staff. Barriers to communication with the doctors and medical staff are minimal.
As per statistics compiled by the American Society for Cataract and Refractive Surgery Foundation’s Eye Surgery Education Council, every year, about 700,000 Americans undergo laser surgery. However, due to rising healthcare costs, an increasing number of people choose to skip eye treatments. PresbyLASIK in Mexico can help you look forward to an improved vision and a better life and that too at pocket friendly costs.
You need not put your plans of seeking medical attention for enhancing your vision on the back burner anymore! Embark on a medical trip to Mexico.
Submit the free request quote form on the right for more information on PresbyLASIK in Mexico.