Cataract surgery is a minimally-invasive procedure usually done on an outpatient basis. It boasts of a success rate of around 90% worldwide, with very little reported discomfort after surgery. Because of the ease with which this procedure is done, cataract surgery in India is usually scheduled with an accompanying holiday trip to some of the country’s top tourist destinations.
With cataract, the lens of the eye – naturally crystalline – becomes opaque, resulting to vision impairment or loss. This may be due to one of the following causes:
- Trauma to the lens
- Congenital defects
- Age-related changes in the lens health
- Occurrence of underlying medical issues like diabetes, alcohol and other substance abuse
Symptoms of cataract include:
- Blurring vision
- Color fading
- Increasingly poor night vision
- Double or multiple vision
- Observance of halos around light sources
Why Choose India for Cataract Surgery?
- India is one of the world’s top choices for medical tourists because of the excellent quality of healthcare. They have internationally-accredited hospitals employing the services of world-renowned eye surgeons.
- The low cost of living means eye surgery in India can cost less than half of the usual costs in countries like the US, Canada, UK, and Australia.
- India has a rich culture with outstanding tourist spots that draw millions of tourists from around the world each year.
- Dining and shopping in India is among the best and the cheapest in the world.
India Medical Tourism
When planning a trip for an India cataract operation, remember it may be a simple procedure, but it still warrants the expertise of Indian doctors and excellent hospital facilities. Contacting the right medical tourism company can aid a medical tourist in doing this, and even get other perks like packaged hotel accommodations and airport-hotel-hospital transfers.
Low cost cataract surgery in India can easily offset extra funds required for travelling, hotels, and for other tourist activities like tourist spot hopping and shopping. Medical tourism agencies can also help coordinate tourist activities in your schedule, when going to India for cataract surgery.