If skyrocketing dentist fees are causing you to consider getting dental procedures like veneers, crowns, or cheap teeth implants abroad, then you should consider Mexico for dental treatment. The costs of cosmetic dentistry in Los Algodones, Mexico are so much lower than in the United States and Canada, you’d be surprised at how much you can save.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) report that nearly 40% of US adults aged 18-64 did not have a dental visit in the year 2010—a staggering number that is probably a result of outrageous dental costs and lack of dental insurance. If you find yourself among this number, coming to Mexico for cheap cosmetic dentistry could get your smile shining brighter without straining your wallet.
Why Get Cosmetic Dental Work Done in Los Algodones?
Los Algodones is a busy little border town that is famous for its dental tourism industry. When you cross the border, you get the sense that this town has you—the dental tourist—in mind. It is full of great dentists that can meet all your dental needs.
- The cost of cosmetic dentistry in Los Algodones is a pittance compared to the prices in Mexico’s more affluent northern neighbors. This is due to the fact that the cost of living is lower in Mexico. Also, dentists in Mexico are not required to buy malpractice insurance, have less student debt, and don’t have to get reimbursed by insurance companies.
- But you’ll not only save 30-60% on things like dental crowns and veneers in Los Algodones, you’ll save precious time, as well. Los Algodones has been popular with dental tourists since the 1970s, and dental clinics here are accustomed to treating foreigners on tight schedules.
- Don’t worry about the quality of dental care here. Regulations similar to those in the US—as well as strict competition among local dentists—mean that most clinics for cosmetic dental work in Los Algodones have high quality and hygiene standards.
- Many of our network dentists in Los Algodones have education and/or work experience in the United States or Canada. Most speak fluent English and can easily discuss with you all the ins and outs of your procedure.
- Pharmacies are nearly as prevalent in Los Algodones as dental clinics. Prices in Mexican pharmacies are much lower than at home, as well, so you can save even more on the prescriptions you need.
Tips for Coming to Los Algodones for Cosmetic Dental Care
In order to make sure that your trip to the border for dental care goes as smoothly as possible, think ahead, prepare early, and take the required precautions. Below are some tips:
- Make sure you find a cosmetic dentist in Los Algodones that you are comfortable dealing with.
- When planning a trip to Los Algodones for dental cosmetics, it may be a good idea to feedback from other patients in Los Algodones dental clinics.
- Once you have chosen a dentist, make sure you have all the necessary paperwork for going to Mexico. Although they may not check it when you enter Mexico, you will need a passport to re-enter the US. So if you don’t have one, put in your application at least 8 weeks before your trip.
- It’s best not to wear flashy clothing or jewelry when in Algodones for cheap cosmetic dentistry, as this will make you stand out as a potential target for petty crimes, like theft.
- Be aware of your surroundings. It is easy to tell the touristy areas from the areas where tourists don’t usually go. Keep your wits about you and you’ll have a great trip.
- Do not involve yourself with illegal drugs in Mexico—this includes pharmaceuticals. Make sure you have a prescription for anything you buy at the pharmacies. They will check at the border.
Coming to Los Algodones for cosmetic dentistry is a smart way to deal with the ever rising cost of dental work in the United States. The price of smile enhancement in Los Algodones is so affordable, you may end up coming back every time you need dental work done.
Fill out the estimate request form on the right to get more information on cosmetic dentistry in Los Algodones, Mexico.