“Dental vacation” is a new trend in tourism where organized trips and all-inclusive holiday packages are arranged for individuals who seek low-cost dental treatment abroad. Many people from the United States and Canada consider dental trips to Costa Rica as one of the best deals in terms of inexpensive dental work, world-class clinics, and expert dentists. Dental tourism in Costa Rica gives tourists an opportunity to combine dental health and a vacation at very reasonable prices.
The rising cost of dental care in the US is one of the prominent reasons why many Americans choose to travel to Costa Rica for cheap dental work. Data from the NCHS National Health Interview Survey indicated that there were about 45 million Americans aged below 65 years without dental coverage in 2008. That’s a shockingly huge number of uninsured persons considering the US is a First World country. By choosing to travel for dental treatments in Costa Rica, they can save as much as 50% to 70% on treatment costs.
Dental Trips to Costa Rica – The Advantages
Costa Rica is a great destination for dental tourists because of the country’s breathtaking views, friendly locals, and affordable, quality dental care. Here are a few reasons why dental tours to Costa Rica are not a waste of time and money:
- The cost of dental crowns, bridges, and smile makeovers and not to forget, dental implants in Costa Rica can be just one-third of the prices in high-income countries. Thanks to the relatively low cost of living in Costa Rica and the competition for customers among the dental care providers, the prices are kept at a minimum.
- Though the prices for implants, veneers, and dental crowns in Costa Rica are quite low compared to that charged in the US and other developed countries, patients can rest assured that the quality of materials and service are not sacrificed. High standards of quality and care are adhered to in any kind of dental work ranging from dental implantation to full mouth restoration in Costa Rica, with no expensive price tags attached.
- High quality of care is not possible with the presence of numerous dentists in Costa Rica who have world-class credentials. Many renowned dentists here have studied and trained in the US and European Union countries.
- Due to their high regards for quality, no wonder a lot of dental clinics in Costa Rica are accredited by international bodies such as the Joint Commission International (JCI) and the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities (AAAASF).
- Most likely your treatment can be scheduled at a time convenient to you.
- As part of their efforts to enhance and promote dental tourism in Costa Rica, dentists in leading clinics speak fluent English and ensure they meet the needs of their foreign patients. Some of the clinics boast multilingual staff and are very accommodating to overseas patients.
- Visiting the most amazing places in Costa Rica during the course of your treatment may be the best part of your dental tour. Costa Rica is known for its natural and cultural tourist attractions, such as rainforests, volcanoes, national parks, museums, and historical sites.
Adding A Little More to Your Dental Trip in Costa Rica
Here are some of the places of interest which you might like to include in your itinerary during your dental travel to Costa Rica:
- La Fortuna de Bagaces – A paradise where tourists can dip in swimming holes at the base of majestic waterfalls, or wander into the forests, the mud posts of Las Hornillas and the natural hot springs.
- Wilson Botanical Gardens – Tourists can feast their eyes on colorful plants and flowers in the botanical gardens located at Las Cruces Biological station.
- Caño Negro Wildlife Refuge – Explore the vast wetlands and see the wildlife treasures of Costa Rica. Through the Damas Estuary boat trip, you will experience a covered boat tour through the spectacular estuaries and mangroves surrounding the Damas Island.
- Other top tourist destinations in Costa Rica that you may like to see include the Santa Rosa National Park, the Barra Honda Caverns, Puerto Viejo de Talamanca, and Cerro Chimpo.
The combination of cheap, high quality dental work and beautiful landscape scenery makes dental trips to Costa Rica a very valuable life experience.
Submit the free quote request form on the right for more information on Dental Trips to Costa Rica.