If you are one of the estimated 10%-15% of the American population diagnosed with gallstones (as per LiveStrong.com), you may find it beneficial to opt for gallstone surgery in Mexico. Traveling to Mexico for a medical trip can help patients cut costs while receiving high quality medical care. Gallstone treatment in Mexico involves a short trip across the border for United States residents, making it a popular destination for low cost medical treatments.
What to Expect During Gallbladder Surgery?
- Gallstones can be caused due to genetic factors, obesity, pregnancy, or rapid weight loss.
- The removal of gallstones often involves removing the gallbladder.
- Laparoscopic surgery can be used to make small incisions under the ribs in order to access the gallbladder. This helps promote faster healing.
- For infected gallbladders, surgeons typically access the gallbladder through the abdomen.
- The recovery period for patients who undergo laparoscopic surgery is about two to three weeks.
Benefits of Gallbladder Surgery in Mexico
- Whether you undergo gallstone surgery or hysterectomy in Mexico, the cost of your treatment will be just a fraction of what you would have to shell out in the US or Canada. The short distance between Mexico and the United States allows for patients to save significantly on travel expenses.
- For your gall bladder removal surgery or cholecystectomy in Mexico, you will find a number of talented and experienced surgeons. Many Mexican doctors even receive medical training and certification in the United States, so they are familiar with American medical standards.
- Communicating with the doctors at the reputable hospitals in Mexico will not involve any linguistic barriers as majority of them can speak both English and Spanish. Some hospitals in Mexico also have multilingual translators at hand.
- After minimally-invasive laparoscopic cholecystectomy in Mexico, patients can enjoy the numerous tourist activities that the Latin American country has to offer. According to the Mexico Tourism Board, popular tourist activities include camping, diving, sailing, relaxing at the beach, swimming, eating authentic Mexican cuisine and visiting archeological museums and theme parks.
- There is minimal waiting time to undergo gallstone surgery in Mexico.
- You will find well-appointed rooms in the good hospitals of Mexico. Your comfortable stay will enhance your overall experience.
Gallstone Surgery Cost in Mexico
- The cost of gallbladder stones removal in Mexico is much lower than what one would expect to pay in the United States. Patients can save 30%-50% or more on surgery in Mexico compared to the USA. This rings true for procedures such as facelift, tummy tuck, and hernia surgery in Mexico, among others.
- As patients can receive low cost gall bladder surgery in Mexico, they will have the opportunity to sightsee around the country without stretching their budgets.
- Food, lodging, and transportation costs in Mexico are considerably lower than in the United States and Canada.
While many popular medical tourist destinations are located in Asia, Mexico is located south of the United States border. Southwestern United States citizens may even be able to drive to the hospital that they choose to get treated in! This allows one to minimize the travel costs for laparoscopic gallstone surgery in Mexico.
Spanish Phrases to Know for Mexico
Some useful Spanish phrases for Mexico include:
- Me llamo es… – My name is …
- Buenos días – Good morning
- Buenas tardes – Good afternoon
- Buenas noches – Good night
- Cómo se dice … en español? – How do you say … in Spanish?
- Dóndeestá el baño? – Where is the bathroom?
- Gracias – Thank you
- Soy de los estados unidos – I am from the United States
Traveling for Gall Stone Treatment in Mexico? Some Handy Tips:
- Before traveling, do your homework and check the credentials of the surgeon and the hospital you have chosen.
- It is recommended that tourists drink bottled water in lieu of tap water. Also, steer clear of raw fruits and vegetables washed in tap water.
- Keep valuables locked in a safe in your hotel room. Do not wear flashy jewelry or clothes.
Gallstone surgery in Mexico is a viable option for those seeking to remove painful gallstones. By receiving gall stone treatment in Mexico, one can obtain surgery without a hefty price tag attached. Medical tourists will also benefit from the country’s tropical climate, relaxing beaches, and opportunities to learn more about the archeologically-rich culture.
Medical-Trip facilitates low-cost gallstone removal surgery in Mexico. For more information, submit the estimate-request form on the right.