Sleeve Gastrectomy Cost
- Gastric sleeve prices, like other weight loss procedures, are quite high in the developed nations.
- Aside from being quite pricey, gastric sleeve isn’t usually covered by private insurance companies.
- According to a study by Dr. Drake Bellanger from Pennington Biomedical Research Center, the gastric sleeve procedure is predominantly privately paid in the majority of the cases.
- Overseas, particularly in countries where there’s a booming medical tourism industry, gastric sleeve costs are a lot more affordable.
What is Gastric Sleeve Surgery?
- The gastric sleeve procedure was originally the first part of a two-part procedure for super-obese patients, until it was determined that this procedure alone is effective enough.
- This is a laparoscopic procedure, which means it’s a keyhole surgery designed for minimal invasion. For this reason, it is also known as laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy.
- As per the overview of vertical sleeve gastrectomy given in “Medline Plus” of the US National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health, this procedure removes 80-85% of the stomach, and may take anywhere from 60 to 90 minutes.
- The gastric sleeve, like other kinds of weight loss surgery, will help you lose weight by making you feel full quickly after each meal.
- The gastric sleeve procedure is usually performed on patients who are too heavy for more invasive surgeries, as those might be too risky for them.
- There is a likelihood of gastric sleeve complications including gastritis, injury to internal organs, vomiting from eating too much than the new, and smaller stomach pouch can hold, among other things.
- If you’re undecided about getting gastric sleeve, search around for gastric sleeve testimonials from people who got the procedure.
- Getting gastric sleeve is just the beginning of your weight loss journey – you have to follow through with the right diet and exercise.
Getting Gastric Sleeve Abroad
- Gastric sleeve costs in developing nations with booming medical tourism industries such as India and Mexico are a lot lower compared to prices in the First World.
- If you’re planning on getting affordable weigh loss surgery abroad, start researching about possible countries to go to.
- The exact vertical sleeve gastrectomy costs depend on several factors including the country you decide to go to. Feel free to ask Medical-Trip for a quote and advice on where to go to.
- Other important factors include the hospital you decide on, as well as the doctor tending to you.
- Just remember that if you can’t bring anyone on your trip with you, you have to go through the whole process on your own.
- Make sure you know a doctor you can go to when you’re back in your home country. Gastric sleeve complications may arise when you’re already home, and you can’t go back to the doctor who performed the procedure on you.
- Schedule in some holiday time after your procedure if you wish – after all, gastric sleeve is a minimally invasive procedure, and you’re bound to recover more quickly than if you got an open surgery.
- After getting your quote and advice from Medical-Trip, ask the embassy or consulate of the country of your choice on the paperwork you need.
While gastric sleeve costs might be intimidating, and you may have no financial help to back you up, you still have another option available. Affordable gastric sleeve exists in some places, you just have to know where to look, and take the chance so that you can live a healthier, longer life.
Submit the free request quote form on the right for more information on Gastric Sleeve Cost Abroad.