The low cost of Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy in the medical tourism destinations is the primary reason that an increasing number of people desirous of getting back into shape are flocking to countries such as Thailand, India and Mexico for a cost effective solution to obesity. The cost of vertical sleeve gastrectomy in these countries is only a fraction of the cost of the procedure in Western countries, making these countries popular among medical tourists looking for world class yet affordable obesity surgery abroad.
The popularity of weight loss surgeries among those who have been unsuccessful in their fight against flab despite following rigorous weight loss regimes can be gauged from statistics released by the American Society for Bariatric Surgery, according to which, nearly 171,000 weight loss surgeries were performed in the United States alone in the year 2005. The number of VSG surgeries performed worldwide has been increasing every year.
Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy : The Benefits
Opting for stomach sleeve surgery in India, Thailand and Mexico has several advantages for medical tourists as they can find world class medical facilities in these countries at a cost much lower than in their home countries.
Here are some of the main advantages for medical tourists who plan to get a laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy away from their home countries:
- The low cost of laproscopic sleeve gastrectomy is the main attraction for medical tourists who cannot afford the enormous cost involved in a similar surgery in their home countries.
- Medical tourists get the same medical facilities in the leading healthcare tourism destinations as they would get in the developed countries of the world. If they are really circumspect about choosing the hospitals and doctors, chances are they might get even better medical services than what they can get back home.
- The low cost of the vertical sleeve gastrectomy abroad gives medical tourists the financial bandwidth to combine their medical trip with a sightseeing tour. Exploring the exotic locales of another country is an added attraction for medical tourists who love to recuperate in the soothing ambience, which the resorts and beaches of some of these countries provide.
- Quite a few of the weight loss surgeons in these countries are trained in the West, providing excellent gastric sleeve results.
- Low cost weight loss surgery in the healthcare destinations is a great option for those who either don’t have a health insurance or have one that doesn’t cover weight loss surgeries.
Stomach Sleeve Abroad: Some Considerations
There are a few things to be kept in mind for the medical tourists who venture out of their own countries for weight loss surgery. Here are some of the factors that a medical tourist is advised to consider before making a decision to get a low cost gastric sleeve surgery abroad:
- Thoroughly research on gastric sleeve surgery, including its post operative factors such as the vertical sleeve gastrectomy complications, gastric sleeve diet and so on. You may also need to depend on a doctor back home for the post operative care.
- Check reliable sites on the net for gastric sleeve testimonials of people who have opted for this obesity surgery in the medical tourism destinations.
- In case you are up for traveling to a foreign land for getting a gastric sleeve, do so with a close companion.
- Acquaint yourself with the pre and post operative preparations for weight loss surgery in India, Thailand, Mexico, Costa Rica or any other country in which you plan to get your gastric sleeve.
- Talk to your prospective vertical sleeve surgeon about the exact procedure and also do not hesitate from discussing your expectations of the weight loss surgery.
- Be ready for unplanned expenditures along with the cost of the vertical sleeve gastrectomy.
The vertical sleeve gastrectomy cost in medical value tourism destinations has made it possible for more and more people to get an affordable and world class bariatric solution to their obesity problems.
For more information on Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy Cost, submit the estimate-request form on the right