Liposuction is beneficial to those who want to sculpt their bodies and remove fat in stubborn spots. For those looking for an affordable solution for achieving a toned figure, which they can’t obtain at the gym, liposuction in Costa Rica can be their best bet. More and more Americans are embarking on a medical trip to Costa Rica to undergo cosmetic surgeries performed by expert surgeons at a much lower cost than in the United States.
According to the World Health Organization, Costa Rica’s health system is ranked above that of the United States. In 2000, Costa Rica’s health system was ranked 25th and that of the United States was ranked 72nd. There is a large number of hospitals providing quality plastic surgeries and dental procedures such as full mouth restoration, teeth crowns, bridges and dental implants in Costa Rica. As a result, medical and dental tourism in Costa Rica are flourishing too.
Liposuction – An Overview
- First, you will receive either an intravenous (IV) sedation or general anesthesia.
- Next, the surgeon will make a couple of small incisions and inject a liquid solution in the desired area.
- Then, a narrow tube is placed in the incisions to loosen the targeted fat.
- Lastly, a surgical vacuum is used to suck fat out of the body.
- According to a report titled “2010 Quick Facts – Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery Trends” released by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, liposuction was the fourth most popular cosmetic surgical procedure in the United States in that year.
- The hips, inner thighs, upper arms, abdomen and outer thighs are all common areas of the body where liposuction is performed.
- There are several types of liposuction techniques, including ultrasonic assisted liposuction, non invasive liposuction and Vaser liposuction.
Advantages of Undergoing Liposuction in Costa Rica
- Many of the leading private hospitals in Costa Rica are Joint Commission International (JCI)-accredited and ISO-certified and are comprised of top-notch surgical experts and hospital staff.
- Liposuction in Costa Rica is available at a reduced price compared to the United States.
- Another benefit to undergoing ultrasonic liposuction in Costa Rica is that there is typically no waiting period before surgery.
- Though medical tourists also have the choice of undergoing cosmetic surgery in India, but for people from the States, this would mean a long flight and hence, more expenses. Costa Rica is in close proximity to the United States, so patients can save considerably on both travel costs and time.
- The reputable Costa Rica doctors speak fluent English and are familiar with the needs of medical tourists.
- When you get non invasive surgical liposuction in Costa Rica, you will be able to relax and recover in a homelike hospital room with numerous patient amenities at your fingertips.
- After undergoing your non surgical liposuction in Costa Rica, you will be able to enjoy the perks of a tropical vacation as you recover.
- The cost of liposuction in Costa Rica is significantly lower than what the procedure costs in the United States, even after taking travel and food costs into consideration.
- This is primarily because the cost of living in Costa Rica is lower than that in the United States.
- One can also opt for affordable plastic surgery after weight loss surgery in Costa Rica, as cutting down on pounds dramatically often results in sagging, redundant skin which can be taken care of through surgery.
- When traveling for Vaser liposuction in Costa Rica, you will be able to travel around freely, as the price of gasoline there is relatively inexpensive.
Tips for Medical Tourists to Costa Rica
- Before you travel for your laser-assisted liposuction in Costa Rica, it is essential to research on the hospitals thoroughly.
- Browse online reviews of doctors in Costa Rica to help you decide which one to choose.
- American citizens need a passport to get into Costa Rica. They don’t need a visa, however, if they intend to stay for upto 90 days.
- Avoid drinking tap water. Bottled water is readily available at most places in Costa Rica.
- Stay alert when using public transportation. You are solely responsible for your luggage.
- Do not leave valuables unattended. Robbery is common in Costa Rica.
Liposuction in Costa Rica is an inexpensive alternative to getting the procedure done in the United States. Costa Rica’s reputable hospitals are among the best in the world, and many doctors in the Latin American country undergo medical training in the United States. Enjoy the benefits of a vacation in a sunny climate while achieving a firm, toned body!