Corneal transplantation in people suffering from injured or diseased cornea can cost quite a fortune in the developed countries of the West. However, corneal transplantation in Turkey is available at lower prices compared to the costs charged for the procedure in the US, Canada, and the UK. Corneal transplant surgery in Turkey involves a medical trip to a region that is strategically positioned, geographically, for access from various parts of the globe, such as Europe, the Middle East, and even the US and Canada.
An Outline of Corneal Transplantation
- According to a report by Tiarnan D L Keenan, Fiona Carley, et al, titled “Trends in corneal graft surgery in the United Kingdom”, published in the April 2011 edition of The British Journal of Ophthalmology, corneal surgeries are on the rise in the UK.
- Poor vision not only affects your mobility and effectiveness but also interferes with social interaction. It is, therefore, paramount to take good care of your eyesight.
- The cornea is responsible for enhancing the focus of your eyes. This means that when its tissue is damaged, sight is blurry and you can suffer from pain depending on the level of scarring. It makes sense to seek diseased cornea treatment in Turkey to get rid of the discomfort without shelling out a fortune.
Corneal transplantation involves the following –
- The ill section is cut out and a new one stitched into its place while the patient is under local anesthesia.
- The ophthalmologist conducts several types of transplants, such as penetrating keratoplasty, deep anterior lamellar keratoplasty and descemet’s stripping endothelial keratoplasty.
- The surgical process takes about two hours and is conducted on an outpatient basis.
Benefits of Corneal Transplantation in Turkey
- The Eurasian country boasts of over 40 hospitals with the Joint Commission International accreditation (JCI). Further, these hospitals are inspected by the Turkish Accredited Hospitals Association (TAHA) to ensure the services achieve the mark of quality expected from the medical facilities.
- Some of the hospitals are affiliated to major international medical facilities such as John Hopkins International. You can, therefore, look forward to world class corneal grafting in Turkey.
- Another advantage of seeking keratoplasty in Turkey is the presence of highly qualified and well-trained ophthalmologists.
- Foreign surgeons and medical practitioners have also set camp in the country because of the boom in healthcare tourism. The country also enjoys advanced technical installations as a necessity before accreditation. You can rest assured that the surgeons successfully see you through the damaged cornea treatment in Turkey.
- Moreover the country is conveniently located such that it can easily be accessed from Romania, Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, West Asia, and West Europe. This greatly reduces traveling costs. You have the option to seek easy on the pocket eye surgery in India; however, this would mean bearing with long flights if you happen to be from the US or Europe.
Corneal Transplant Cost in Turkey
- Cost of corneal transplantation in Turkey is only a fraction of the prices quoted in the West. Other eye surgeries too, such as presbyopia surgery and glaucoma surgery in Turkey cost lower than in the First World countries. This is attributed to the fact that salaries of Turkish surgeons are lower than the compensation given to their counterparts in the US and the UK. In addition, the cost of living in Turkey is lower than in the developed countries of the West.
- A number of factors affect the price indicated for corneal graft in Turkey. For instance, an insurance policy that caters for international healthcare can lower the costs. However, the underlying health conditions can take the costs up because surgeons have to use additional methods to prevent complications during corneal transplant procedure in Turkey. It is wise to evaluate the price inclusive of the travel and accommodation expenses.
- Some people prefer to take along a friend for assistance to and from the facility. This calls for additional expenses because of accommodation.
Instead of rushing to and from the country to avoid accumulating accommodation expense, plan to spend a few days after corneal transplantation in Turkey so that you are sure the process was a success and the recovery as expected.
Corneal transplant surgery in Turkey gives overseas patients the opportunity to better the quality of their lives by improving their visual acuity and by providing respite from inflammation, perforation, or any other trauma to the cornea.
Submit the free request quote form on the right for more information on Corneal Transplantation in Turkey.