Patients who are in need of hip replacement but cannot bear the skyrocketing medical fees in the United States should consider hip replacement in Tijuana, Mexico. Embarking on a medical trip to Tijuana could help you significantly cut costs on surgical procedures. Besides the low cost of total hip replacement in Tijuana, Mexico, you may benefit from the world-class medical facilities, experienced surgeons, and personalized care from the hospital staff. The warm environment in Tijuana also promotes faster healing and gives an opportunity to relax under the sun. Given the benefits, it is no wonder that an increasing number of medical tourists are seeking hip replacement surgery in Tijuana – Mexico.
Hip Replacement – An Overview
- Hip replacement is a good option for those who suffer from arthritis, a hip fracture, or other kinds of trauma. If you are experiencing pain from everyday activities such as walking, you may be a candidate for hip replacement.
- During hip replacement surgery, the surgeon replaces the bone and cartilage with a metal prosthetic devise. The prosthetic device allows for smooth gliding, so you will be able to walk more easily.
- According to the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, most patients undergoing total hip replacement are aged 50-80 years. Your surgeon will evaluate you individually to determine if you are a candidate for total hip replacement.
- After hip replacement surgery, you will stay at the hospital for a couple of days. Your surgeon will provide you with postoperative instructions.
- Physical therapy is an important component to your recovery. Your physical therapist will help you restore your ability to walk after surgery.
Why Get Hip Replacement in Tijuana – Mexico?
- Why should you get medical procedures such as hip replacement or lap band surgery in Tijuana, Mexico? One of the biggest perks of getting joint hip replacement in Tijuana is the low cost of surgery and drugs you may be prescribed after surgery.
- The proximity of Tijuana to the United States is another cost-effective benefit. Tijuana is only about 20 minutes from the San Diego airport and is within driving distance of Irvine, Anaheim, and Los Angeles. This allows medical tourists to save significantly on travel costs.
- Mexico’s border towns are rising in popularity as medical tourist destinations. According to the New York Times article “Mexicali Tour, From Tummy Tuck to Root Canal,” written by Jennifer Medina and published on June 27, 2012, more than 150,000 patients came to Mexicali in 2011 for medical tourism purposes.
- Hip replacement in Mexico is provided at modern hospitals that utilize state-of-the-art technology and offer many patient amenities for your comfort.
- The reputable hip replacement surgeons in Tijuana, Mexico undergo rigorous medical training. Some have even studied abroad in the United States. You will be in the hands of an experienced orthopedic surgeon when undergoing partial or total hip replacement in Tijuana – Mexico.
- As Tijuana is close to the United States border and experiences an influx of American medical tourists every year, you will not have to worry about facing a language barrier. Many Tijuana doctors and hospital staff speak English.
- If you are seeking additional medical treatment, consider undergoing another medical procedure to save on healthcare costs, such getting a low priced gastric bypass surgery in Mexico. Combining procedures will help you save even further on medical costs.
Traveling for Hip Replacement in Tijuana – Mexico
- Since the hip replacement surgery cost in Tijuana, Mexico is so low, you can travel around the city to experience its nightclubs, museums, and open-air markets without stretching your budget.
- You should plan out your trip for minimally-invasive hip replacement in Tijuana – Mexico to ensure you visit all the tourist destinations you want to.
- US dollars are accepted at many places in Tijuana. You can also exchange your dollars for pesos.
- Avoid consuming tap water or vegetables and fruits that may have been washed in tap water.
Hip replacement in Tijuana – Mexico is an inexpensive way to receive the orthopedic treatment you need. Tijuana is located just 15 miles away from Californian cities such as San Diego, allowing you to save both time and money. You will receive top-notch medical care in Tijuana at the hands of an experienced surgeon.
Submit the free quote request form on the right for more information on Hip Replacement in Tijuana – Mexico.