Getting a mommy makeover in Mexico is a great way to return to that pre-baby body without breaking the bank. Cosmetic surgery can cost an arm and a leg in developed countries like the US and Canada; however, plastic surgery in Mexicali, Tijuana, Puerto Vallarta and other towns in Mexico often costs so much less that patients end up spending less than half of what they would back home. And that usually includes travel expenses as well.
A mommy makeover is a combination of procedures that target the areas most affected by pregnancy in order to restore a new mother’s pre-pregnancy form. It typically includes a tummy tuck, breast lift, breast augmentation, stretch marks removal and liposuction.
And this amalgam of surgeries has gained a lot of popularity in recent years. According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), procedures such as tummy tucks and breast lifts were up by nearly 85% and 70% respectively in 2010 compared to their numbers in 2000. However, their price tags tend to rise along with their popularity. For those who cannot afford it, getting reconstructive surgery after childbirth in Mexico is a viable option.
Cost of Mommy Makeover in Mexico
- The low cost of living south of the border is the primary cause of low mommy makeover costs in Mexico. Everything is cheaper in Mexico, from food to hotels to medical fees, making it possible for an entire medical trip to the country to be cheaper than having the surgery alone back home.
- Another factor resulting in such low prices for cosmetic surgery in Mexico is the financial state of the country’s doctors and surgeons. For example, a surgeon for tummy tuck in Guadalajara has much less student loan obligation than his American peer. This means they do not have to charge very high fees to pay for their education.
- Plastic surgeons in Mexico also do not have to worry about paying high malpractice fees or hounding insurance companies for reimbursements, both of which pass on as savings to the patient.
Where to Go for a Mommy Makeover in Mexico
- Many different destinations across the country boast highly qualified surgeons. Patients can opt for a mommy makeover in Puerto Vallarta, Cancun, or many other popular tourist destinations. Coming to these beautiful vacation spots is a great way to take some time off and get away from the hustle and bustle of life back home. The Yucatan is home to some of the most beautiful beaches on the planet, so post pregnancy plastic surgery in Cancun is an excellent option for those looking to relax under palm trees on white sands with turquoise waves lapping at their toes.
- A mommy makeover in Guadalajara is not going to get you close to a beach, but the city is one of Mexico’s biggest and has a lot to offer to tourists. Its rich culture and beautiful historic center—with its ornate cathedral and colonial architecture—is a sightseer’s dream. High end shopping, fine dining and luxury hotels round out the Guadalajara vacation experience.
- For those who don’t have much time to spare and simply want the surgery without the holiday, it is possible to cross the border and get a quick mommy makeover in Tijuana. Right across the border from San Diego, Tijuana is close and has a well-established medical tourism industry. Many clinics offer airport shuttle services from both the airport in Tijuana as well as the airport in San Diego, making it possible to keep costs low by only taking domestic flights. This quick trip would make time for other procedures, if so desired. For example, patients can find excellent doctors for arm lift surgery in Tijuana as well.
A mommy makeover in Mexico can help you get on your way to that tight body you had before the little ones came without make you shell out a fortune.
Submit the free quote request form on the right for more information on Mommy Makeover in Mexico.