Knee replacement surgery is an important orthopedic procedure to help combat pain caused by osteoarthritis and other problems. Because of the high cost of surgery, many people are unable to avail it. Knee replacement in Tijuana, Mexico can be an affordable and safe solution, if you are able to find the right orthopedic surgeon in Mexico.
Hospitals in Mexico offer excellent care, have high standards of healthcare, and are able to provide you with orthopedic treatments for a price you can afford.
You can find many positive reports of patient experiences of knee surgery in Mexico.
About Knee Replacement
Before considering traveling for knee surgery in Mexico, you may want to review some facts and statistics about knee replacement surgery:
- Pain in the joints of the knees can make even the simplest tasks difficult to perform. Knee replacement surgery can alleviate stiff and painful sensations in the knee and allow you to be more active.
- According to the World Health Organization (WHO), in developed countries, osteoarthritis is one of the ten most disabling diseases. With the WHO estimating that 18% of women and 10% of men over the age of 60 suffer from symptoms of osteoarthritis, the requirement for knee replacement surgery to treat and manage osteoarthritis pain is very high.
- A study by the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) has shown that in addition to relieving pain and restoring function, knee replacement surgery improves balance in elderly patients.
- A paper entitled “Patient Outcomes Following Tricompartmental Total Knee Replacement,” written by Callahan CM and published by the Indiana University School of Medicine, said that 90% of the patients reported a “good” or “excellent” outcome in regards to restored mobility and relieved pain after knee replacement surgery.
Benefits of Having Knee Replacement in Tijuana, Mexico
Whether you travel for knee repair, hip repair or rotator cuff repair in Mexico, you will be surprised by the difference in prices as compared to the more developed parts of the world.
According to the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), as of 2007 the average cost of knee replacement surgery in the US was around $15,000. Knee replacement costs in Tijuana, MX are significantly lesser. Below are some of the other benefits you may expect:
- Doctors for knee replacement in Tijuana are reputable professionals, many of whom have trained in the US.
- It’s possible for patients with limited funds to apply for medical loans for their surgery.
- Tijuana is a beautiful city that enjoys an ideal climate all year round and makes an excellent place to stay during your recovery after knee replacement.
- The city of Tijuana in Baja California, Mexico is just across the border from San Diego, California, making it an easy trip for anyone in the US looking to have affordable knee replacement surgery.
Traveling to Tijuana for Arthroplasty of the Knee
- Before making your trip for orthopedic knee surgery in Mexico, you may want to first receive a price quote for your surgery.
- For those living in or around the San Diego, California area, a trip into Tijuana is very easy to make by crossing the border at San Ysidro by car or bus.
- You may also choose to fly to Tijuana-General Abelardo L. Rodtiguez International Airport (Airport Code: TIJ), which is located just a few miles from downtown Tijuana.
- You could also fly into San Diego International Airport (Airport Code: SAN), which is only a couple of miles north of the border, and then drive down into the city.
- Tijuana is known as a very “gringo-friendly” city, and thanks to the popularity of the city as a tourist destination, you’ll be able to find many places of accommodation.
- While Tijuana boasts of a large amount of local cuisine and shops, you can readily find American establishments as well.
- The official currency in Tijuana, Mexico is the Peso, but many establishments accept the US dollar as well. Money changers are available in the city to convert currency.
- After your knee replacement surgery in Tijuana, MX, you can relax at the beach or watch the bullfights that take place during the summer. In addition, there are many historical centers you can visit, if the doctor allows.
Knee replacement in Tijuana, Mexico is a safe and affordable way for you to receive the medical care you need so you can enjoy increased mobility and freedom from you knee-joint pain.
Medical-Trip facilitates low-cost Knee Replacement in Tijuana, Mexico. For more information, submit the estimate-request form on the right.