People beleaguered by knee pain owing to damage to the cartilage can get some respite – both physically and financially – by embarking on a medical trip to avail affordable meniscus repair surgery in Tijuana – Mexico.
The meniscus is a c-shaped piece of fibrocartilage located at the front part of the knee joint. It is responsible for providing nutrition and lubrication to the knee joint. Sometimes, meniscus repair surgery is necessary as the meniscus can get damaged because of trauma or old age. When this happens, quick decisions need to be made regarding the treatment of this particular problem.
This is the time when the patient and his/her family should consider getting surgery, and explore options such as meniscus repair surgery in Tijuana or other places. After all, any medical trip can be a major endeavor, and so every patient needs to make sure that (s)he is making the right decision.
A Brief Introduction on Meniscus Surgery
- The knee is one of the most important and complex joints in the body. The knee is composed of bone, ligament, and cartilage. Damage to any of these parts may restrict the movement of the leg, and may, oftentimes, affect one’s ability to walk.
- For small tears that occur on the outer edge of the meniscus, home treatment can be an effective form of remedy. The patient is encouraged to keep off the injured knee and get some rest.
- For bigger tears, however, that occur on the outer edge of the meniscus, a reparation procedure may be a better option, as these kinds of tears respond best to surgery.
- Meniscus repair or knee arthroscopy involves insertion of a mini camera into the knee using a small incision. The camera gives an inside view of the knee. Next, the surgeon uses miniature surgical instruments through other incisions in order to repair the tear.
- According to MDGuidelines, about 850,000 individuals in the USA get meniscus surgery every year. To circumvent the high costs in their home country, Americans can choose to avail meniscus replacement in Tijuana, a pulsating industrial town in Mexico bordering San Ysidro in San Diego, California.
Why Consider Meniscus Repair in Tijuana – Mexico?
An injury to the meniscus can be life altering for anyone. This is the reason why it needs to be attended to right away. Below are a few outstanding reasons to choose Anterior Cruciate Ligament or ACL and meniscus surgery in Tijuana –
- American residents who may not have proper medical insurance may balk at the cost of meniscus surgery in the US. Luckily, the cost of meniscus repair in Mexico is significantly lower, allowing the patient and his family savings. Even if one takes into account the cost of accommodation and travel, the overall meniscus repair price in Tijuana, Mexico is still more affordable compared to the American prices.
- The convenience of travel as well as low costs for Americans also goes in favor of meniscus repairs in Tijuana – Mexico. The border city is only about 17 miles from San Diego.
- In addition to the perquisite of geographical propinquity, knee surgeries such as meniscus repair and knee replacement in Mexico come with the advantage of giving medical tourists the opportunity to get treated at expert hands. You will find a number of well-trained and experienced orthopedic surgeons in Mexico for your treatment.
- The leading hospitals in Mexico offer low cost health care without compromising on quality by using the technology. You can rest your apprehensions about the quality of your meniscus repair in Tijuana if you choose a facility of standing. There are numerous JCI accredited facilities in the country.
- The good hospitals providing arthroscopic meniscus repair in TJ – as Tijuana is also called, have English-speaking staff. So you will find minimal language barriers.
Making Meniscus Repair Surgery in Tijuana Smooth and Hassle-free
If you’ve finally decided to take the plunge and explore your options for meniscus repair surgery in Tijuana, we have a few tips to make the experience as smooth and comfortable as possible.
- Most of the hospitals in Tijuana will have official websites in place to assist you in making your decision. Narrow down the hospitals that you are considering and contact them ahead of time.
- There are numerous doctors in Mexico that have studied in the USA, as well as other countries in the world. Through your hospital selection, you may also be able to find the doctor or surgeon that can handle your meniscus repair. We encourage you to get in touch with your doctor, ask some questions, and establish general rapport.
- Surgery combined with travel can be quite taxing. Although it can be possible to go through the experience alone, we encourage patients to find a loved one who can be with them during this experience to provide physical support and an emotional hand.
You should be all set for your meniscus repair surgery in Tijuana – Mexico after you’ve made all the above-mentioned arrangements. When in doubt, never hesitate to ask questions. After all, it is your health and wellbeing that are at stake!
Submit the free quote request form on the right for more information on Meniscus Repair Surgery in Tijuana – Mexico.